Friday, February 24, 2012

The Seashell Model for 2012 **.

Undaunted, one proceeds!  I had so much trouble remembering how I did stuff last year that I determined to begin again;  do another model from scratch.  I think I overdid it a bit-  the lip edge is too wide and the inner spiral section is too short:-





Image 2 reminds me of the ancient Vedic Paisley pattern!?  One can check it out on Wikipedia.
Image 4 shows stitching top edge to middle of 89 row.
It felt peculiarly as if I were following a Moebius Strip!
 See http/:www.mathworld.wolfram.com/moebius strip
**(I checked if you can click directly on to this,  but, sorry, no.  Search engine may work ok).


Images 7, 8 and 9 make me consider adding Time and Space to the Pattern..
While the leading edge is growing so too the entire shell is keeping pace,  thus the "2" at beginning might become "5".

 One wonders just how the living animal creates itself so mathematically exactly at atomic and subatomic levels no less!  It is the Mantle which secretes the minerals which make a CaCo3  crystalline  shell which is harder and finer than porcelaine, it seems to me. 
Pearl shell, nacre, is aragonite.

 See www.web.mit.edu/cortiz/www/Ben/BenPaperRevised
for nanoscale morphology and more.
 Mind boggling and beautiful science from Dept of Mechanical Engineering, University of Colorado, Boulder. Sept 2005 J MaterRes Vol 20 No 9,  pg 2403.
(PS  I checked if you can click directly on this, but no. Search engine may work ok)
******************************

As for me-  like Fagin,  "I am reviewing the situation...... I think I better think it out again!"
I'll not publish a proper crochet or knitting pattern until it is just right.
******************************

No comments:

Post a Comment