Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tribute to Helle **

Allow me to introduce one of my very favourite websites:-

http://www.hellejorgensen.typepad.com/

Helle has crocheted a Vortex out of yarn made from recycled plastic shopping bags. Full size is 3 metres length and 1.5 metres diameter at the top. See November 2007. Check out more by searching keyword "rubbish vortex".

I was delighted to see that Helle has discovered how to crochet a spiral galaxy- I do not know if iaw fib series or not! It was to do with beginning the crochet on her vortex.

March 2008 there is a photo of 5 black spiral eggs from the Port Jackson shark, Heterodontus portus jacksoni, found on the beach. I tried to crochet the same, see my blog here in June 2010.

Her crocheted coral reef hat is lovely, 9/5/2007, modelled by a beautiful young Russian lady who just happened to visit. There is also a pink flower hat.

Another creation of Helle's is a Crocheted Cephalopod! June 2010.

Bravo Helle! Thank you.

1 comment: