Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Of Mice ***nice video and music***

There is a bit of a mouse plague in our country region NSW Australia.
I caught 28 in traps before Easter.  I hate the killing and decided not to do so any more.
I clean up after the mice in my caravan.  One day I banged loud on a steel basin with a wooden spoon.
It was quiet for a few hours but that evening the mice went bananas!  Running everywhere!
I felt beaten, to say the least.  I racked my brains as to what I could do and I "asked" the mice something.
I "got" the answer when I made great effort to be CALM myself - and the mice calmed down too!
It was a nice quiet night.  Now I watch them,  and enjoy it, in my lovely life, to have some live company.

I am not a cat or dog person.  Indeed a one time male friend said to me "You are such a mouse!  Why don't you be an eagle?"  There is a story by Hyemenohost Storm about Hopping Mouse,  who became an eagle - by being EATEN.  My brother says he would rather I was able to befriend native mice, not the European ones.  My guess is that mice are mice - and are too similar -  just small diference in DNA maybe,  and in ancestry.....we are overrun with feral animals in Australia,  and native species from Australia have gone feral in other countries, with tragic results for original ecologies.

 Michael Roads can communicate with Nature and has written many books to inspire us.
He says that the forests that have been cut down-  they still exist in spiritual realm!

 If one human can do it, then it means that all of us are potentially able to do it also.  I feel that such ablity will help us with Plants also, and even with Fish and Molluscs and any Being alive.  Our true Nature is to be Custodians of this Beautiful Planet Earth.  I would like to do my utmost to try to find new ways to live this precious Life.
I may not succeed or survive,  but , then again,  I might well succeed,  and so may many of Us.
"Ganbatte, kudasai",  as the Japanese people so nobly say.
Please see http://www.ganbatte.org/  as a most appropriate link.






Surprise-
-the radio was playing just the right music while this scene was being recorded on my digital camera.  www.abc.net.au/classic  19/5/2011 I think.




Here is Shelly Mouse eating Cockle Creek Coal Cone-  Catamaran-  Recherche Bay  Tasmania.
(by courtesy of my brother Roger).   1/6/2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment