Thursday, December 24, 2015

Theoretical Fibonacci Vortex Christmas Tree


Crocheted in dark green cotton.
Begin with 1, then 2, then 3, then 5, then 6, then 7, then 8.........just increase 1 at the end of each row, then work in a spiral.
Mark the end of each row with a different colour yarn.
So the 21st row has 21 stitches (shown by adding yellow);  the 34th row has 34 stitches (yellow), the 55th row has 55 stitches (yellow), The 72nd row has 72 stitches (light green colour).

You could go on forever and make a really big vortex.

It is a tradition of mine to do some kind of Christmas tree maths  on this blog  every year since 2012...  in 2014, 2015.
In 2013 there were photos of ---angels.  Recently I counted how many angels I now have in my caravan.  It is 14-   in sculptures, models, paintings, cards and tapestries!

In August and November 2013 there was good work on Pythagoras Fibonacci triangles and the square root of Fibonacci numbers, in cascades, resulting in a brand new value for another kind of "Phi" derived from the relationship definition equation having the square root of 5....!  = 1.793 604........


Usually the join goes vertically up, though sometimes it spirals around and up-  I don't know why, or which one is right. I only know it is tricky to keep the work exactly right at the very ends of a row.






I bought this lovely Christmas card
and present it here, on this Christmas Dayl

Happy wishes to all,  now and forevermore.












My aunt in Austria found this card in a shop in Linz, 20 years ago.  She recognised it as a sculpture made by her sister, my mother.  "Trudi's Engel 1942".

Truly a spirit of Christmas.

I have earlier published my mother's sculptures on this blog at "Tribute to Trudy"  19/4/2012
Also "A Better Photo" 6/6/2012.

*****************************

No comments:

Post a Comment