Thursday, October 16, 2014

A Golden Ring, Crocheted.**














text to follow








----------------------------------------
Today I am going to visit a rock platform at Little Bay, Sydney, where I visited with Uni students in 1968.  I wonder if there is any once prolific marine life left there?

Answer 21/12/2014   Not much is left.  All the Cunjevoi is gone,  Some limpets and periwinkles remain  and two little green starfish.
No green Ulva, sea lettuce,  just a little bit of brown Hormosira...

I have some photos, were put on Facebook quite some time ago;  might be hard to find.  My plan is to soon write a story on Seaside Rock Platforms to go with the seashell story which is the main theme of this blog.

------------------------------------

21/12/2014.  More:-




Another Torus-  

28/12/2014  more:-

----------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment