Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Better Photo

Here is a better photo to show details of hands and feet and of my mother's lovely face.
That's me age 7 in lower left hand corner.  I must have had to stay still for awhile.
1954 and we had a family tragedy.  We children were put into the care of Burnside Homes for Children, Parramatta, Australia, for 8 years.  No more sculpture.

Two books have been written about Burnside by Kate Shayler, of Hazelbrook, NSW.  - "The Long Way Home"  and most recent, "Burnished" which describes life for a whole bunch of us, polishing floors, shoes etc.  My name in the books begins with A.

 Kate has her own website.

****"Burnished" has recently won
 the 2012 Global Ebook Award for Biography.




24/12/2015 More:

20 years ago my aunt inAaustria found this card in a shop in Linz.
She recognised it as a sculpture made by her sister, my mother.
"Trudi's Engel 1942".

No comments:

Post a Comment